Monday, December 15, 2014

The Year in Pictures

I just scrolled through my phone and found a few pictures.  They aren't exceptional, and I know I missed so much, but it reminded me of just a few of the great people I've gotten to spend time with and good times I've had.
5X World Champions!  I went to a couple games and watched or listened to every single game this season.  LOVE IT!
One step closer to having heat this winter. I needed a new gas line.  Quotes to fix: $1800-$3000.
After some research,  and with help, we decided to do the dirty work ourselves.
Fortune did most of it, Terrell helped with a ton, including the roof part, above,
and I pretty much just offered water, moral support and tool-fetching services.  Total cost: $375.

10-14 Ruidoso.  Thanks to Bryce, we got a couple Ruidoso trips in again this year.  
Oktoberfest in Ruidoso
Corn Field Maze
Free Concerts in the Park on Summer Sundays just a couple blocks from our house...
always a fun time to meet up with friends.
Car Races in New Mexico
6/2014 Somewhere along the way I fell in love with this crazy-haired guy
(who loved his dreads so very much)...
but who on his 39th birthday announced that we needed to cut the dreads off...
... and a new person appeared! 
8/2014 Ally and Ross came... bringing my nieces with them.  :)
Eden and Me
8/2014 Uncle Ron and Aunt Rena from Alaska got to come visit.  Aunt Karen came too, and we enjoyed
singing together.  Mema had back surgery and a few complications, so everyone came down to help her, but I'm
glad we got time together.  We got lots of game time in while they were here.
8/2014 Dominoes with Aunt Karen
9/2014 Found my first gray hair .
9/2014 Sawyer Brown.  Apparently my first concert was Sawyer Brown at Water Wonderland.
They performed on the stage overlooking the wave pool.  Also, apparently I went up on stage and
danced and sang along for all to see.  I was such the opposite of what I am today.
Anyway, I got to meet all the Sawyer Brown guys, 25 years after my debut with them.  
Went to a Car Auction...
... and I found my dream car.  
We were the old people crashing the quinceanera- good times.
Our Pool got used 1 time when it was hot outside, and 3 of us shoved our floats in there and
soaked up the sun.  Then this night occurred, which was more of a hot mess than a great use of the pool...
... and soon thereafter this happened.  So yeah, the pool was a great purchase.
There was no hope for me ever going in after the storm that landed the dead bird in it.
5/2014 Billy Dean.  I included this meet and greet because 90s country is the greatest country.
And Billy Dean  has some of the best songs.  He was also kind, funny, incredibly entertaining, and even
invited us to hang out with him.  Kudos to Billy Dean!
9/2014 Vegas.  Carolyn and I trying to cool off.
In Vegas, the people watching was possibly one of the most entertaining past-time.
9/2014 Grand Canyon.  We drove here and the Hoover Dam one day.  Hoover Dam was
interesting but I was in awe of the Grand Canyon.  Never thought I would enjoy it so much.  
9/2014 Vegas.  Went to Vegas finally.  It was so fun, can't wait to go again!
10/2014 Fortune bought a house that he spends almost every non-working waking
second working on.  It is a complete redo, but it is going to be amazing someday!  I would like to
say I'm helping, but I pretty much just watch, pull nails and ask questions about what he's doing.
Halloween- went to a friend's house.  I was Alex Vause from
Orange is the New Black and I nailed it (although it also closely resembled a nurse costume).
Great time with great friends, along with some throw-back high school games.  
12-12-14 Mema turns 93.  I made dinner and decorated... had so much fun decorating
and trying to make it special for her.    We went and looked at Christmas lights after stuffing out faces.  

No comments: